Vegan Banana Pancakes
With naturally sweet flavor and a simple method, these pancakes are a favorite Sunday staple in our house. (I sometimes even hide a few bananas on the top of the fridge to ensure we have super ripe ones ready!)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sliced very ripe banana (about 1 small)
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 cup nondairy milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup buckwheat flour or whole-wheat flour
- Add all ingredients to a blender except the flour. Blend until smooth.
- Stir in the flour to combine. Let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Heat a cast iron or nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Coat with neutral oil. Spoon out 1/4 cup of the batter at a time, or less to make smaller pancakes, and spread to an even thickness about 1/2-inch thick. Let cook about 3 minutes or until the edges are set. Carefully flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately and repeat with the rest of the batter, or keep warm on a baking sheet in a 200 degree F oven.
You can add a handful of chocolate chips to the batter if you prefer!