Baby Led Weaning – an Absolute MessDespite having lots of positive points, Baby Led Weaning has a very messy drawback. This complete process is an experiment for the baby, which makes it sure to be untidy. You do not need to panic about it, though. It may be messy for the parents, but it is great fun for the baby. Let them play and create a mess. However, this mess can be reduced by introducing the specific foods that can be handled by the babies accurately.
Messy Foods and Their Strategy
- SOUP- Soups are too much of a mess so instead of giving them with a spoon, pour them into a cup.
- PUREES- Purees are not easy to eat for the babies and are messy. Serve fruit and veggies instead. However, the fruits and vegetables should be cut into tiny pieces.
- OATMEAL- Foods like oatmeal are thin and can be spilled. They should be cooked with a thicker consistency.
- WATER/JUICES– Leak-proof good quality sippers should be used to avoid spilling.
Foods Perfect for BLWHere are some foods that are easy for babies to handle without creating a mess:
- Sliced Avocado, Banana, Apple
- Cooked and diced carrots, sweet potatoes, broccoli
- Cucumber is a best option
- Whole-grain toast and pancakes
- Hard boiled eggs