Instant Pot Vegan “Egg” Bites
Instant Pot Vegan "Egg" Bites
How do you make egg bites without using eggs? Little did I know, there is a vegan egg replacement. I was not very confident this would turn out, however, I was proved wrong. The egg replacement has a similar taste and texture to an egg, and with a little bit of almond milk and tofu, you might not even be able to tell the difference!
- 8 oz Crimini mushrooms
- Coconut oil
- 4 Tbsp VeganEgg powder
- 2 cups Ice-cold water
- ¼ Almond milk
- 8 oz Tofu
- 1½ cups Shredded cheddar "cheese"
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon Onion salt
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- handful cherry tomatoes
- Add 1 cup of water in the bottom of your Instant Pot.
- In a large pan, heat some coconut oil, and sauté the mushroom until lightly brown and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Use coconut oil to generously grease the Silikong egg bite mold. Place one mushroom at the bottom of each cavity. Set aside.
- Using a large bowl, add the vegan egg powder and 2 cups of ice-cold water. The water must be below 41 degrees. Whisk vigorously, then pour into blender with remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into the Silikong egg bite molds, filling about ¾ of the way to the top.
- Gently place the Silikong egg bite mold inside the pot. Place the cover on the Instant pot (make sure the pressure release valve is closeand select "steam" for 8 minutes.
- Natural pressure release for 10 minutes, and then quickly release the rest.
- Place a plate on top of the Silikong egg bite mold, and quickly flip it over to pop the egg bites out of the mold.