Instant Pot Taco Stuffed Mini Bell Peppers
Instant Pot Taco stuffed Mini Bell Peppers
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 mini bell peppers cuthalf, seeds removed
- 1/3 lb ground beef
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp fine grind sea salt
- 1/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp sliced black olives
- 2 tbsp full-fat sour cream
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped, optional
- Select Sauté and add olive oil to the pot. Once the oil is hot, add the peppers and sauté for 3 minutes, or until the sides just begin to blister. Transfer the peppers to a large plate and set aside.
- Add the ground beef to the inner pot. Sauté for about 4 minutes or until the meat is browned, using a wooden spoon to stir and break up the meat.
- Add the tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and salt to the pot. Stir well. Heat the mixture until it begins to bubble, stirring continuously. Then transfer the mixture to a medium bowl. Press Cancel to turn off the pot.
- Spoon the ground beef mixture into the bell pepper halves.
- Add 1 cup water to the pot. Insert the silicone steamer basket and place the peppers skin-side-down in the steamer basket.
- Cover, lock the lid, and turn the steam release handle to the sealing position. Select Pressure Cook or Manual on Low Pressure and set the cook time for 2 minutes When the cook time is complete, quick release the pressure.
- Open the lid and sprinkle the cheddar over top of the peppers. Replace the lid to warm and melt the cheese for 2 minutes.
- Open the lid and transfer the peppers to a serving platter. Top each pepper with black olives and a small dollop of sour cream. Sprinkle the cilantro over top and serve warm. Enjoy! 🙂