Servings: 15 Makes
- 1 large white potato about 440 g/15 oz
- 40 g / 1½oz dried or Panko breadcrumbs
- 50 g / 2oz carrot grated
- 4 spring onions chopped
- 50 g / 2oz brown mushrooms chopped
- 40 g / 1½oz grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoons –2plain flour
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- Prick the potato and bake it in the microwave for 7–10 minutes until soft. Leave
- to cool, then cut it in half and scoop out the flesh – you will need 250 g/9 oz potato.
- Put the cool potato and remaining ingredients (except the flour and the oil) in the bowl of a food processor and blitz until chopped. Transfer the mixture to a bowl, season lightly with salt and pepper (if using) and shape it into 15 equal-sized balls.
- Place the flour in a bowl and lightly coat the balls in flour. Transfer them to plate and chill for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan until hot. Fry the balls for about 2 minutes until golden all over and heated through. Serve with cucumber sticks and halved cherry tomatoes, or a mayonnaise dip with sweet chili sauce.
- Alternatively, preheat an oven to 180C / 160C Fan and cook the chicken balls for about 15 minutes turning halfway through until cooked through