Home-made Cauliflower Tots
HOMEMADE CAULIFLOWER TOTS
With quinoa, cauliflower, and cheese, these healthy little tots are a great finger food for kids. This recipe makes about 20 tots, which is 4-6 servings for toddlers—or 1-2 servings for adults.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 cup cauliflower florets chopped
- 1 cup quinoa fully cooked and cooled
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs divided
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour or cup-for-cup gluten-free flour
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pizza seasoning or cumin optional
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bring a kettle of pot of water to a boil. Place cauliflower into a heat-safe bowl and pour water over top. Let sit for 5 minutes. Drain and spread onto a clean kitchen towel. Pat dry well.
- Place the cauliflower, quinoa, cheeses, egg, 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs, flour, salt, and spices, if using, into the bowl of a food processor. Grind into a uniform batter.
- Form into 1-tablespoon balls, form into a tot shape, and place onto the prepared baking sheet. If you’d like to have the outsides crispy, coat each ball in the remaining breadcrumbs before placing on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes. Serve warm with ketchup, if desired.
Storage: Store veggie nuggets for 3 days in the fridge. Reheat in the microwave or for about 5 minutes in a 375 degree oven. Or, let cool fully and store in a zip top freezer bag in the freezer for up to 3 months. To warm from frozen, place onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes at 375 degrees F. To make these Gluten-Free: Use gluten-free panko breadcrumbs and a cup-for-cup gluten-free flour blend.