Basic Banana Oat Baby Cookies
Basic Banana baby cookies, an easy baby led weaning recipe, healthy baking, breakfast or snack, a soft finger food for babies.
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 2 Tbsp water
- 350 g banana (approx 2.5 medium bananas)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup oats
- 1/2 cup plain flou
- Pop the chia seeds into the water and leave to stand for 10-15 minutes (they should begin to gel in this time)
- In a medium bowl mash the banana
- Stir through the soaked chia seeds and vanilla
- Add the oats, and flour, mix well. This should form a cookie dough with a quite a moist sticky texture.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop the mixture, place dollops onto a baking paper lined tray. The mix will be quite sticky so forming perfect shapes will be tricky. I find damp hand is a good idea with this mix, (I get 20 tablespoons from this recipe), place the balls on a lined baking tray
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius (approx 360 F) for 25-30 mins, allow cooling
- The cookies should have a soft texture
- Store in an airtight container for 2-3 days, or freeze for up to 3 months and thaw as needed
I use quick cook oats in this recipe as they produce a softer cookie for little ones, quick oats are whole grain oats which have been chopped/flaked into smaller pieces for quicker cooking
If your child requires a wheat free flour, rice flour will work well in this recipe.