Mini Spinach and Cheese Pizza Roll
MINI SPINACH AND CHEESE PIZZA ROLL RECIPE
Your toddlers may surprise you by going for the greens in these yummy pizza rolls!
Servings: 12 Yield
- 5 ounces spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 13 ounces –16pizza dough
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400° F and grease a muffin tin.Warm the olive oil over medium heat in a skillet and cook the spinach just until wilted. Remove from the heat and drain, pressing out all excess liquid.Use your hands to stretch the dough into an 11×16-inch rectangle on a piece of parchment paper.
- Spread enough pizza sauce over the dough to cover, then sprinkle on the spinach and mozzarella. Starting on one long side, roll the dough up carefully.
- Use a serrated knife to cut into 12 even slices. Place each slice into a prepared muffin cup, sprinkle with Parmesan, and bake for 18-20 minutes until the dough is baked through, the cheese is melted, and the tops are golden.
- Remove from pan, using a knife around the edges if needed, and let cool slightly before serving.
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the fridge or in a zip-lock freezer bag with as much air removed as possible in the freezer for up to 3 months. To serve from frozen, place on a plate and microwave for 30-60 seconds or until warm